CHIRIQUÍ. The cyclist Alonso Gamero won the second stage of the Vuelta a Chiriquí called ‘David – Gualaca – Potrerillos – David’, which is being held in Panama. This section had a distance of 121.8 kilometers.
But it was not the only thing he won. The Peruvian also led the meta mountain of the stage. And, as if that were not enough, he climbed to the second box of the General Classification with a total time of 5h59m21s, just seven seconds from the leader of the Guatemalan Julio Padilla, who records 5h59m14s.
Meanwhile, the other members of the rojiblanco team also performed well. Alaín Quispe ranked fifth; Robinson Ruiz, the sixth; and Renato Tapia, the 62nd position. All these results allowed Peru to succeed in the team category.
“We won the second stage of the Tour of Chiriquí 2019. It was a team work, as always. Thanks Alaín because you’re always there, brother, ”Gamero wrote on his Instagram account. This competition will have 8 stages and will run until Thursday, November 28. (depor.com)
TEN FIRST CLASSIFICATION STAGE 2 (121.8 KM).
1. Gamero, Alonso (PER) 2:56:58
2. Padilla, Julio (GUA)
3. Sánchez, Anthony (CRC)
4. Archibold, Franklin (PAN)
5. Quispe, Alain (PER)
6. Lorenzo, Randish (PAN)
7. Moya, Sebastián (CRC)
8. Robinson, Steven (PER)
9. Serech, Oscar (GUA)
10. Quiroz, Fabricio (CRC)
TEN FIRST INDIVIDUAL GENERAL CLASSIFICATION.
1. Padilla, Julio (GUA) 5:59:14
2. Gamero, Alonso (PER) +0:00:07
3. Sánchez, Anthony (CRC) +0:00:13
4. Archibold, Franklin (PAN) +0:00:17
5. Moya, Sebastián (CRC) +0:00:17
6. Samudio, Carlos (PAN) +0:00:17
7. Lorenzo, Randish (PAN) +0:00:17
8. Alpízar, Andrés (CRC) +0:00:17
9. Gomez, Daniel (CRC) +0:00:17
10. Quispe, Alain (PER) +0:00:17