SAN JOSE. The Ecuadorian cyclist, Bayron Guama, won the first stage of the Tour of Costa Rica, which had a 160-kilometer route between Heredia and Cañas.
This Monday was the starting signal for the 55th edition of the most important cycling competition in Central America.
Guama was very constant along the way, where he stood out for his great physical condition to withstand the rhythm of a rather demanding stage.
Bayron beat Luis López, a Honduran from the Guatemalan Deluxe team, thanks to a huge sprint in the last 100 meters of the race.
With a time of 3 hours, 49 minutes and 8 seconds, the South American left the glory. The team “The Selection of Ecuador”, sees how its pedalist is a leader.
Luis López shone in two flying goals, which were worth shortly after being below Guama, which despite the complicated weather took the task.
This Tuesday, December 17, stage two of the Tour of Costa Rica will have a route of 121 kilometers between the towns of Liberia and Esparza. (amprensa.com)
TEN FIRST CLASSIFICATION STAGE 1 (160 KM).
- Byron Guamá (ECUA) 03:49:08
- Luis López (HON)
- Pablo Alarcón (CHI)
- Grant Kroontz (USA) 0:00:01
- Daniel Bonilla (CRC) 0:00:01
- Efren Santos (Canel’s Specialized) 0:00:04
- Elías Vega (Scotiabank – Nestlé – Métrica – Giant) 0:00:09
- Julio Padilla (Ópticas Deluxe) 0:00:14
- Alexey Limaylla (Selección de Perú) 0:01:14
- Reiner Honig (GlobalCycling Team) 0:01:38
GENERAL CLASSIFICATION FLYING GOALS.
- Luis López (Óptica Deluxe) 10 pts
- Alexey Limaylla (Selección de Perú) 5
- Pablo Alarcón (Canel´s Specialized) 4
GENERAL CLASSIFICATION MOUNTAIN PRIZES.
- Luis López (Ópticas Deluxe) 30 pts
- Bayron Guamá (Selección de Ecuador) 25
- Pablo Alarcón (Canel´s Specialized) 20