GUATEMALA CITY. Walter Escobar (Decorabaños de Quetzaltenango) became champion of the Prevuelta Classic 2019, after taking advantage from the beginning of the slope to the mountain prize in Santa María De Jesús, also conquering the mountain in Zunil, taking the stage with honors Queen and the championship with 4 hours, 39 minutes and 57 seconds.
The stage started from the municipality of Samayac, marking a leak that starred Dorian Monterroso and Santos Crispín Ajpacajá from Mazatenango, Monterroso took the last flying goal in El Zarco, remaining as winner of the auction specialty, the 2 cyclists arrived until the Mountain prize of Bliss.
A stage of many surprises for the outstanding participation of Víctor Tuiz, Esdras Morales, as well as the reappearance of Nervin Jiatz and Francisco González. Unfortunately the cyclist, Jhonnathan De León suffered a fall, was stabilized by the relief corps and transferred to a health center, one of the best cards of the Hino team. (Nery Ajsivinac / Press F.G.C)
1. Walter Escobar (Decorabaños) 2:24:52
2. Esdras Morales (Hino-One-La Red) 2:26:57
3. Francisco González (Decorabaños) 2:26:57
INDIVIDUAL GENERAL CLASSIFICATION.
1. Walter Escobar (Decorabaños) 4:39:57
2. Francisco González (Decorabaños) 4:42:02
3. Esdras Morales (Hino-One-La Red) 4:42:02
GENERAL CLASSIFICATION U23.
1. Víctor Tuiz (ADD Sololá-INTERCOP RL) 4:42:30
2. Edgar Torres (Hino-One-La Red) 4:46:23
3. Dimas Vail (ADD Quetzaltenango- Lider Bike) 4:50:20
GENERAL CLASSIFICATION FOR THE MOUNTAIN PRIZE.
1. Walter Escobar (Decorabaños) 28 pts.
2. Dorian Monterroso (Decorabaños) 20
3. Esdras Morales (Hino-One-La Red) 16
GENERAL CLASSIFICATION FLYING GOALS.
1. Dorian Monterroso (Decorabaños) 13 pts.
2. Santos Crispín Ajpacajá (Hino-One-La Red) 6
3. Alfredo Ajpacajá (Decorabaños) 5