BOGOTÁ. In Bologna, where the painter Francesco Albani was born in 1578, the 102nd edition of the Giro del Italia began this Saturday.
At 9:50 in the morning started with the pedals of one of the favorites and who was already champion of this great of cycling, the Dutchman Tom Dumoulin, who finished his route of eight kilometers with a time of 13:22, the same of the Colombian hope, Miguel Ángel López, champion of the recent edition of the Tour Colombia 2.1.
“Superman” finished fourth, 28 seconds behind the Slovenian Primoz Roglic, winner of the day with a time of 12:54. (elespectador.com)
TEN FIRST CLASSIFICATION STAGE 1 (ITT 8 KM).
- Primoz Roglic (Jumbo-Visma) 00:12:54
- Simon Yates (Mitchleton-Scott) +00:00:19
- Vincenzo Nibali (Bahrain Merida) +00:00:23
- Miguel Ángel López (Astana) 00:00:28
- Tom Dumoulin (Sunweb) 00:00:28
- Rafał Majka (Bora) 00:00:33
- Tao Geoghegan Hart (Team Ineos) 00:00:35
- Laurens De Plus (Jumbo-Visma) 00:00:35
- Bauke Mollena (Trek-Segafredo) 00:00:39
- Damiano Caruso (Bahrain Merida) 00:00:40