BOGOTÁ. Óscar Sevilla (Team Medellín) was second in the first stage of the Tour de Gila, which started on Wednesday with a difficult stage of 148 kilometers between Silver City and Mogollón. The winner was the local James Piccoli (KHS Pro Cycling) who is also leader.
Piccoli, arrived at the finish line alone, imposing a time of 3 hours 33 minutes 2 seconds. The second place went to Seville to 8 seconds and the third to Eder Frayre (Moctezuma) to 16 seconds.
Despite the good second place for Óscar Sevilla, Team Medellín had an anguished day due to the retirement of two runners. The nariñense Robinson Chalapud who suffered an unfortunate fall and the cundinamarqués Nicolás Paredes for a strong knee pain.
This Thursday will be the second stage of this test in US territory on 120 kilometers, which will start and arrive at the town of Fort Bayard. (mundociclistico.com)
TEN FIRST CLASSIFICATION STAGE 1.
1. James Piccoli Elevate (KHS Pro Cycling) 3:33:02
2. Oscar Sevilla (Team Medellin) +0:00:08
3. Eder Frayre Moctezuma +0:00:16
4. Keegan Swirbul (Floyd´s Pro Cycling) +0:00:23
5. Cristhian Montoya (Team Medellín) +0:00:27
6. Nickolas Zukowski (Floyd´s Pro Cycling) +0:00:34
7. Edward Beltrán (Team Medellín) +0:00:39
8. Barry Miller (Pacific Premier Cycling) +0:00:50
9. Adam Roberge (Elevate Pro Cycling) +0:00:52
10. Alex Hoehn (Aevolo) +0:00:58