GUATEMALA CITY. The rider, originally from Quetzaltenango, did not disappoint and made the best time of the time trial (33.5 kilometers), and achieved his fifth consecutive victory in this test.
“I am happy. I knew there were great runners who were going to be fighting. We continue to show our power in the time trial. You have to go in defense of that sweater tomorrow and put order in the caravan, it has run messy ”, were the words of the Olympic cyclist, after the competition.
“I was feeling pain before leaving,” he added, referring to the fall he suffered in the stage yesterday, meters before reaching the goal. “The mountain is coming and the differences are going to open up more,” said the Decorabaños cyclist.
Rhodes finished with a time of 46:21:07; second place went to Luis López and third place to Alfredo Ajpacajá. (prensalibre.com)
CLASSIFICATION OF THE FIFTH STAGE (ITT 33.5 KM).
1. Manuel Rodas (GUA) 1:46:21
2. Luis López (HON) +0:00:30
3. Alejandro Ajpacajá (GUA) +0:00:33
4. Joel Yates (EUA) +0:00:43
5. Carlos Gutiérrez (COL) +0:00:47
INDIVIDUAL GENERAL CLASSIFICATION.
1. Manuel Rodas (GUA): 13:49:33
2. Luis López (HON) +00:00:26
3. Alfredo Ajpacajá (GUA) +00:00:29
4. André Gonzáez (PER) +00:00:42
5. Carlos Gutiérrez (COL) +00:00:47
CLASSIFICATION OF MOUNTAIN PRIZES.
1. Celso Ajpacajá (GUA) 7 pts.
2. Alonso Gamero (PER) 4
3. Alfredo Ajpacajá (GUA) 4
CLASSIFICATION FLYING GOALS.
1. Alonso Gamero (PER) 26 pts.
2. Hugo Ruiz (GUA) 21
3. Brayan Rios (GUA) 16