Fourty-eight hours after announcing the main principles that will shape the revision of the UCI International
Road Calendar in view of the resumption of the 2020 season in the context of the coronavirus, the Union
Cycliste Internationale (UCI) today announces the framework for the other disciplines.
Faced with the continued spread of the virus, notably in Europe, and in the context of restrictive measures
adopted by a number of countries banning gatherings and movement of people, the UCI underlines that as
world cycling’s governing body, it puts absolute priority on the security of athletes and all people present
at events on the UCI International Calendar.
Conscious at the same time that the current health situation deprives cyclists of opportunities to race and
train, the UCI, in its concern for sporting equity, has taken the following decisions:
- Suspension of all classifications for all events on the UCI International Calendar until further notice
but at least until 30 April
- Concerning requests for the postponement of events, priority will be given in order to:
UCI World Championships, UCI World Cups, Continental Championships, National
Championships, events on the UCI International Calendar
Moreover, the UCI gives a reminder that for the qualification procedure for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and
Paralympic Games, still ongoing for mountain bike, BMX Racing, BMX Freestyle and para-cycling, the UCI
took the decision to ask the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and the International Paralympic
Committee (IPC) to stop the qualification period retroactively as of 3 March 2020, given that up until this
date, no nation had been prevented from attending events. With this strong decision, the UCI ensures
sporting equity for the allocation of Olympic and Paralympic quotas.
The UCI will continue to play its role as cycling’s governing body for the families of our sport with the
double priority of health protection and sporting equity. In this period of uncertainty, the International
Federation will continue to closely follow the situation and take appropriate measures in the interests of
our sport. It calls on the solidarity of all to come through these difficult times together.
Following is the view of the situation concerning the UCI World Cups for mountain bike, BMX Racing, BMX
Freestyle and Indoor Cycling:
2020 UCI Mercedes-Benz UCI Mountain Bike World Cup
* The first round of the UCI MTB World Cup (DHI) in Lousã (POR) scheduled for 21 and 22 March has
been postponed. New date to be confirmed
* The second round of the UCI MTB World Cup (DHI) in Maribor (SLO) scheduled for 2-3 May has
been postponed. New date to be confirmed.
* The third round of the UCI MTB World Cup (DHI) in Lošinj (CRO), scheduled for 9-10 May has been
cancelled at the request of the organiser and will not take place at a later date.
2020 UCI E-Mountain Bike Cross-country World Cup
* The second round of the UCI E-MTB World Cup in Ascona-Locarno (SUI) scheduled for 17-18 April
and the third round in Bologna (ITA) scheduled for 5-6 June have been postponed. New dates to be
2020 Enduro World Series
* The first round of the Enduro World Series, in Manizales (COL) scheduled for 28-29, the second
round in Farellones (CHI), scheduled for 4-5 April, and the third round in Olargues (FRA), scheduled
for 20-24 May have all been postponed. New dates to be confirmed.
2020 UCI Mountain Bike Eliminator World Cup powered by Citymountainbike
* The first round of the 2020 UCI Mountain Bike Eliminator World Cup in Dubai (UAE) scheduled for 6
March, and the second round in Barcelona (ESP) scheduled for 28 March have been postponed.
New dates to be confirmed.
* The fifth and sixth rounds of the UCI BMX Supercross World Cup in Manchester (GBR) scheduled for
17-18 April and the seventh and eighth rounds in Papendal (NED) scheduled for 2-3 May have been
postponed. New dates to be confirmed.
* The first round of the UCI BMX Freestyle Park et Flatland World Cup in Hiroshima (JPN) scheduled
for 3-5 April, the second round in Puyang (CHN) on 7-8 May and the third round in Montpellier
(FRA) scheduled for 21-22 May have all been postponed. New dates to be confirmed.
2020 UCI Indoor Cycling World Cup
* The first leg of the UCI Indoor Cycling World Cup in Winterthur (SUI) scheduled on 4 April and the
second leg in Wendlingen (GER) scheduled on 25 April have been postponed. New dates to be