GUATEMALA CITY. Edwin Sam (Departmental Cycling Association of Quetzaltenango), clung to the leadership of the International Tour of the Future to Guatemala, winning the third stage, with 49 seconds apart from Juan Jaramillo (Onion Team of Colombia).
A stage that was defined in the last 13 kilometers ascending the Chilero, until km 25 at the crossing to Santa Elena Barillas, with the national cyclists, David Sisimith, Marvin Tuiz, Bernardo Aguilar, Edwin Sam and the foreigners, Juan Jaramillo and Santiago Vélez.
In the absence of 1 kilometer to the goal, Edwin Sam headed for the victory after defeating Juan Jaramillo in the last part of the competition, after traveling 75 kilometers.
Colombian cyclists continue as protagonists in the Vuelta del Porvenir, after three stages, Andrés Pardo leads the classification of flying goals and Juan Santamaría reaches second place in the mountain awards.
This Sunday ends the 24th edition of the International Tour of the Future to Guatemala, leaving at Gasacora Texaco, Llano Largo at km 14.5, descending and returning in Sanarate, and then facing the rise of the Eternal, a historical stage that will end in Shell gas station km 24, for 75 kilometers of run. (Nery Ajsivinac / Press F.G.C)
FIVE FIRST CLASSIFICATION STAGE (75 KM).
- Edwin Sam (Quetzaltenango Cycling Association) 2:29:16)
- Juan D Jaramillo (Team Onion, Colombia) +0: 0: 08
- Santiago Vélez (Team Onion, Colombia) +0: 0: 15
INDIVIDUAL GENERAL CLASSIFICATION.
- Edwin Sam (Quetzaltenango Cycling Association) 4:58:50
- Santiago Vélez (Team Onion, Colombia) +0: 0: 45
- Juan D Jaramillo (Team Onion, Colombia) +0: 0: 59
INDIVIDUAL CLASSIFICATION OF FLYING GOALS.
- Andrés Pardo (Onion Team, Colombia) 20 pts.
- Sebastián Arcila (Onion Team, Colombia) 7
- Fernando Sánchez (Selection of El Salvador) 4
GENERAL CLASSIFICATION OF MOUNTAINS.
- Edwin Sam (Departmental Cycling of Quetzaltenango) 7 pts.
- Juan Santamaría (Onion Team, Colombia) 4
- Bernardo Aguilar (Cosami-TEO Totonicapán) 2